Mrs. Wood’s Class
There will be a spelling pre-test on Tuesday.
Regular spelling and reading tests will be on Friday.
There will be a math quiz this week on subtracting 2 digit numbers.
This Week's Focus
Gloria Who Might Be My Best Friend by Ann Cameron
Genre: Narrative Fiction
Question of the Week: How do friends help each other?
1. knot- the place where two pieces of string have been tied together
2. copy- to do what someone else is doing
3. planning-thinking about or deciding on something
4. lonely- unhappy because you are alone
5. heavily- with a lot of power
6. seriously- in a way that is not joking
7. answered- said something to someone as a reply
8. guessed- made a prediction about the answer of a question
Comprehension: Skill: Understanding Characters, Figurative Language
Phonics: Base Word Endings –er, -est
Grammar Skill: Using adjectives
Letters accomplished- i, t, u, w, e, l, b, f, h
Subtracting 2 digit numbers (with and without borrowing)
I am a DREAM catcher.
Disciplined: I will practice actions that help me grow as a citizen.
Respectful: I will act and cimmunicate with manners.
Excellent: I will do my best and try even when things are hard.
Accountable: I will take responsibilty for my actions.
Mindful: I will stop and think before I act.
I am a DREAM CATCHER!